Entertainment, Social Media and Tech News, Popherald.com
| ]


After his defeat in the recently concluded U.S. Presidential Elections, Republican Senator John McCain is now back on his duty in the Senate.
AS a former Naval Academy Boxer, McCain is a huge fan of Boxing. And surprisingly, he watched the Pacquiao-Dela Hoya match last December 6, 2008, which concluded Pacquiao as the winner.
During his interview with Norm Frauenheim in the Ring Online, an online magazine that showcases boxing stories and articles, John McCain expressed his admiration to the Filipino boxer and sadness over the loss of Oscar Dela Hoya.

“It’s sad to see. It’s like politicians. They remember you, not how you were, but how you are. He could have gone out in a different fashion.” - he said.

McCain is a huge fan of Oscar Dela Hoya. Frauenheim asked McCain about Dela Hoya's no announcement of retirement,

“Oh my God. Years ago, I was at another fight and I can’t even remember which fight it was. Anyway, there was some kind of pre-fight reception some place. Tommy Hearns was there. He came over. I’ve always admired him. I admire all these guys. Anyway, he says: ‘I want you guys to know I’m coming back. I’ve still got it.’ I just looked at him and thought to myself: Geeez. He made some abortive comeback against a couple of pugs. I’d be sorry to see Oscar do it. But this Pacquiao is a phenomenon. He truly is. I would love to see him with Floyd Mayweather. That would be one of the great fights of the century.’’ - Senator McCain answered.

Until now, Pacquiao's promoters are on it's negotiation process for Manny Pacquiao's next fight. Two big names in Boxing is emerging, Ricky Hatton and Floyd Mayweather.