Entertainment, Social Media and Tech News, Popherald.com
| ]

After the replacement of Janina San Miguel, Danielle Kirsten Muriel Castano, the Philippine delegate to Miss World failed to grab the title, and even a seat in semis.

The crown was given to Miss Russia, Kseniya Sukhinova. Sukhinova lives with her parents in Tymen Region of Russia, near Siberia. She was asked to describe herself, and here is her answer:
I was born in a little town of northern Russia (Siberia) called Nijnevartovsk. Since my childhood I was very sporty girl. When I was 5 years old my mom took me to gymnastics lessons and finally I had a first professional grade in that. Unfortunately due to the trauma I had to stop my carreer in sport. I also tried swimming and ballet. Then at the age of 13 I started practicing biathlon and showed very good results in this. But I gave up sport carrier as I decided to enter the University. Now I study in the Tyumen Oil and Gas University. I have an institute award "Outstanding Student 2006". Talking about my hobbies: I like to travel a lot, try to spend more time with my parents, friends and a lovely cat.


A very cute and practical answer was given by Sukhinova after being asked:

If you were stranded on a desert island what one item could you not be without?
Her answer was:

Matchbox, hardly one can survive without fire.


Her runner-ups were Miss India, Parvathy Omanakuttan. And Miss Trinidad and Tobago, Gabrielle Walcott.