Entertainment, Social Media and Tech News, Popherald.com
| ]
Michelle Obama
Michelle Obama and her mother, Marian Robinson, speak out about life at Washington’s most famous addresss in the May 2009 issue of Essence Magazine, on newsstands April 10.

Mrs. Michelle Obama on what being First Lady means to her:

It's an honor and a privilege when you walk into the White House-at least I automatically felt a level of obligation. This is a big responsibility, a wonderful platform and I just want to make sure I take every advantage to serve as a role model, to provide good messages, to be a supportive mate to the President and to make sure that my girls are solid.

Mrs. Marian Robinson on seeing her daughter step into this historic role:

Well, to me, it's overwhelming. I never doubted that she could do this. She is doing it with such grace and dignity. So I am just proud. I just hope she does what she wants to do. [Chuckles] Because the things that she wants to do are very important. They mean a lot to her.

Check out the original post here