Entertainment, Social Media and Tech News, Popherald.com
| ]
Christy TurlingtonChristy Turlington revealed: "I learned that more than half a million women around the world die giving birth each year, and nearly all the deaths are preventable. "My kids know that when I'm away, it's to help other moms and their families. They seem to appreciate this, which makes leaving a bit easier."

Christy Turlington wants to take her children to visit deprived communities in Tanzania. The 40-year-old supermodel - who has worked with aid agency CARE International in Latin America and Product Red in Africa - believes taking three-year-old Finn and Grace, six, to help others less fortunate will make her a better mother. Christy - who married actor Ed Burns in 2003 - explained: "I look forward to them being old enough to come with me; I plan to take them to Tanzania when they're eight and 11. I think sharing the world with them will be my greatest contributions as their mother. "I've told them about some of the conditions I've witnessed, but I balance that by describing the natural beauty of a place like Africa. They can identify the spots I've visited on a map, including Bangladesh."

Christy - who became inspired to start charity work after meeting struggling pregnant women in El Salvador in 2006 - already discusses her charity work with the children so they can understand why she has to travel abroad. She added to Parents magazine: "I learned that more than half a million women around the world die giving birth each year, and nearly all the deaths are preventable. "My kids know that when I'm away, it's to help other moms and their families. They seem to appreciate this, which makes leaving a bit easier."