Entertainment, Social Media and Tech News, Popherald.com
| ]
hilary swank, flying school, flyingHilary Swank revealed: "I'd like to get my license and continue to go up on my own. I flew for 19 hours, but they couldn't let me go up when they were shooting. I taxi the plane - but that's on the ground, and I would like to see this through."


Hilary Swank says learning to fly is like reading a book. The actress took piloting lessons to prepare for her role as famous aviator Amelia Earhart in upcoming movie 'Amelia', and says the experience of trying a new skill transported her back to childhood. Hilary said: "Putting my hands on the wheel for the first time was a rush. After a certain age, there's not many firsts you experience in your life, so learning to fly reminded me of the childlike feeling of exhilaration when you first ride a bike or read a book." Hilary, 35, was disappointed to be banned by film bosses from completing her full pilot training and plans to continue working towards her license in future - even though she struggled to get to grips with some elements of the course.

Hilary Swank explained to The Scotsman newspaper: "I'd like to get my license and continue to go up on my own. "I flew for 19 hours, but they couldn't let me go up when they were shooting. I taxi the plane - but that's on the ground, and I would like to see this through. What I didn't know when I started was the calculations that go into flying. It was like I was back in school doing calculus. I don't sweat much - but I'd do a two-hour flight and I'd be drenched from the concentration. "I do want to go back. I don't want to just say, 'Yeah, I flew.' " The 'Boys Don't Cry' star also had different experiences of flying - jetting across the world so frequently to promote her projects that flight attendants started to mock her. She explained: "The air staff actually laugh at me because they know me so well and they tell me it's illegal for them to fly as much as I do. I'm constantly in the air."