Entertainment, Social Media and Tech News, Popherald.com
| ]
jennifer hudson
Jennifer Hudson's parenting skills are "inspired" by her late mother. The 'Dreamgirls' star gave birth to son David Jr. in August and wants to show him the same love and affection her own mom Darnell Donnerson - who was tragically shot dead last October - gave her. She said: "It's never easy to be a mother but I have said to myself that everything I do will be guided by love. If I can be half the mom my mother was to her children, then I'm doing more than alright. "I want him to have God in his life. To me, that's the most important thing. Also, my mother taught us to be independent and not to rely on anyone for anything. I will bring him up that way, too."

Although she loves every moment of being a mother, Jennifer - who is engaged David Otunga - admits she and David were shocked when she first discovered she was pregnant. She said: "It was the biggest surprise! I remember when I told David, he had just come in from work and was sitting at the kitchen table having lunch, and he noticed I had something on my mind. "I spent all day trying to figure out how to tell him. In the end I just said, 'David, I'm pregnant.' He dropped his sandwich! I caught him completely off guard. He was sitting there stuck for a while."