Entertainment, Social Media and Tech News, Popherald.com
| ]

The Strokes frontman Julian Casablancas didn't need rehab to quit his alcoholism, he has revealed. The American rocker, 31 - who managed to stop drinking a couple of years ago despite not going to rehab like most stars - said that when he was drunk he "was a monster." He said: "I've always enjoyed drinking since I was young. Even when I was super young, I just thought it was cool to drink ten times more than everyone else. "But then it turned into a bottle of vodka a day, plus beer and whisky. Because you want to be sociable and want people to like you, getting drunk gives you a false illusion. Then the next day comes the pain. I'm still permanently cringing about the stupid things I did."

Julian said alcohol made him sick and depressed and he lost his musical drive. He said: "I didn't go to rehab, I just stopped. I always said if it affected the music then I'd stop. It got too bad and I messed up. Even though I miss drinking, it's just not worth it anymore." His wife Juliet, who he married in February 2005, gives birth to their first child very soon and he says he wouldn't be looking forward to becoming a father if he hadn't quit drinking.