Entertainment, Social Media and Tech News, Popherald.com
| ]
russell brand haircut career
Russell Brand is getting a haircut to save his career. The British funnyman - who is known for his long, dark, backcombed locks - has vowed to have his curls chopped off so he can work on a wider range of movies. He said: "I can't keep always playing long-haired, scruffy men, otherwise my career would be limited." The 34-year-old actor - whose movie roles have previously included outspoken rocker Aldous Snow in 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall' and drug producer Flash Harry in 'St Trinian's' - has decided to have a style change to help him fulfil his dream role, as France's post-revolutionary military dictator Napoleon Bonaparte.

He quipped: "I was hoping one day to play Napoleon, but I can't play Napoleon as this shaggy-haired, bearded raconteur. "But I did also want to play Rasputin, the monk, so that'll be good, I can look like this." Russell recently admitted he would be paying his hairdresser a visit ahead for his new movie 'Arthur', a remake of the famous Dudley Moore movie, and says he is "ready" for a different look. He said: "Arthur is still an alcoholic billionaire playboy and I'll be getting a bit of a haircut for that. You have to move on. I have dreams of my hair being short and I wake up in a Samson-like panic, but I think I'm ready for transformation."