Entertainment, Social Media and Tech News, Popherald.com
| ]
jake gyllenhaal prince of persia interview

Article by: Rumer Certeza
Photo: Fame 
From his critically acclaimed 'Brokeback Mountain,' Jake Gyllenhaal has opted to let his hair hang loose this time and have fun.

And that's evident in his latest flick, 'Prince of Persia: The Sands Of Time,' a film adaptation of a popular video game. The 29-year-old actor who's a funny open man, has definitely shifted from his usual potrayal of serious roles.

"A lot of times you make movies that look at the world in a very, very, serious way. And I think that's important," he says. "But then I think It's also important to have a great humor and to enjoy yourself and have fun, just to be able to play. I even read an article recently about how people live longer and have better lives when they get to play, like kids on a playground. This movie was like that for me," the actor continued in an interview.

When asked why he bulked up so much, the 'Donnie Darko' star explains that it's only appropriate for the film's intense, physically demanding sequences.

prince of persia movie poster


'Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time' Official Poster

Says Gyllenhaal, "I got into shape so that I would be able to do those stunts. I wanted to do those stunts and I wanted not to get injured when I did them and I wanted to be able to pull them off. The only way to do that would be to get in really good shape like all the stunt guys around me."

The actor has openly expressed his passion to make more big action movies in the future, since he had a lot of fun making 'Prince of Persia.'

"I'm sort of itching to get back to doing some action. I learned to buckle a little swash. Perhaps I could go back and do some swashbuckling. Once you learn how to buckle swash, you just can't go back."

On actress and elder sister Maggie, it's hard to deny Jake's tremendous respect for his sibling, and would never criticize each other's work. The actor is secure with her being around for him no matter what.

"There's never any criticism of what she's done. I would be stupid. She's my older sister, and I may be taller and bigger than her now, but I still have that little brother in me. It doesn't go away so I don't mess with that. Really, the thing that matters to me more than anything, is that she's there for me. I know she's got my back and she knows I've got hers," the actor elaborates.

Stay chunky for the ladies, Jake.