Entertainment, Social Media and Tech News, Popherald.com
| ]
Whoopi Goldberg defends Mad Mel!
Article by: Rumer Certeza





Wazzup Mel? Seems like someone out there still cares, besides yours truly. Whoah, don't give me the killer looks, buddy!


Mel Gibson has sent intense global shockwaves with his verbal weaponry featuring gut-penetrating death threats, not to mention physical acts of violence towards ex girlfriend Okasan Grigorieva. 


mel gibson whoopi goldberg

Whoopi Goldberg while defending
Mel Gibson. Photo: Youtube 

But despite this, actress and close pal Whoopi Goldberg stands firm that the raging actor/director is no racist.


Obviously, the 'Color Purple' star showed disapproval concerning the 54-year-old's audio-recorded obscenities, yet contradicted widespread public scrutiny based on her personal experiences with the Australian-American superstar.




On Monday's episode of 'The Vew,' Goldberg opens up to somewhat unconvinced co-host Joy Behar, saying, "I don't like what he did here, but I know Mel and I know he's not a racist."


And instead of branding her hot-headed buddy a racist, here's what the Oscar-winning actress has to say:


"I have had a long friendship with Mel. You can say he's being a bonehead, but I can't sit and say that he's being a racist, having spent time with him in my house with my kids..I don't like what he's done. Make no mistake."


The popular comedienne repeated the monicker, tagging Mad Mel as a sober bonehead, believing that the actor wasn't drunk in another controversial rant back in 2006, despite past problems being related to booze.


You've made some pretty boneheaded moves lately, pal. You need to keep that weapon padlocked for your benefit. Except I don't think they've invented a padlock that huge to withstand that awesome power-mouth. Whew!


Aww...I see a smile. Coochie, coochie, coo. Oops. Those looks again. Not those looks!